Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ten "Stops" for 2011

One day as I was contemplating "calm", my One Little Word, I was thinking about the "less" part of of my calmness vision...less clutter, less stress, etc. I ran across the perfect blog post from Deva Coaching about letting go of things to improve your life. I am taking a few of hers and adding some of my own ideas here...

  1. STOP sitting at my desk for more than an hour at a time. Get up and stretch!
  2. STOP checking email in the evening. Spend that time with family instead.
  3. STOP slacking off. If you say you're going to do something, do it!!
  4. STOP worrying so much. Instead, dream about what you DO want.
  5. STOP letting a rough morning determine my mood for the rest of the day.
  6. STOP the need for perfection.
  7. STOP doing all the housework. (More on a family chore chart later.)
  8. STOP wasting time in front of the TV.
  9. STOP thinking "if only"... make the changes you want to see!
  10. STOP putting crafting/creating at the BOTTOM of my to-do list.
Sometimes stopping something sounds easier than starting something, or adding something. Are there things you can let go of? Will it be easy or difficult?

3 comments:

  1. My dad (after watching our computer habits over Christmas) suggested that Mike & I should get up & move around every 50 minutes :) He despairs of our sedentary habits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so guilty of hanging on the computer in the evenings. The boys are playing and watching TV, and it is certainly something that I start and stop based on their needs and wants! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I need to just follow your stop list, Bekah! I think they all apply to me too! Might just go and print it out to stick on the fridge right now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments!